[ntp:questions] Re: Time sync for WinNT4

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Tue Aug 30 11:09:53 UTC 2005

Hi,

Johnson Luqaz wrote:
> I don't know enough about ntp from meinberg...
>
> Can we install and run ntpd from a command line without any fancy
> installation programs / routines.  Something like;
>
> c:\program files\ntp\ntpd ntp.your.domain
>
> thanks.

You could try the NTP binaries compiled by Terje Mathisen, see under "NTP
Ports" at:
http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Main/ExternalTimeRelatedLinks

The ZIP files contain a instsrv.exe command line tool which creates the NTP
service under Windows. You may additionally have to copy the other binaries
and the ntp.conf file to the right places, but that should be straight
forward using an installation script.

The binaries should run under WinNT/2k/XP.

HTH,

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki