[ntp:questions] Re: Windows timekeeping - sudden degradation - why?

Eugen COCA ecoca at eed.usv.ro
Sun Dec 4 15:50:14 UTC 2005

David,

my advice is to switch to version 4.2.0a / 2005. I had some problems
with offset and/or jitter with 4.2.0 /2003 version under Win/2k server.

The Windows 4.2.0b - Meinberg does not work well for me (the PC hankgs
up after starting the service).

I made numerous and various tests with NTP on Windows and FreeBSD
operating systems. On Windows, behaviours like Odin show, where only
when CPU load was over 80 percent for long periods (e.g. when making an
Windows Update or when viewing a large PDF file with Acrobat). The CPU
load may be one possible cause.