[ntp:questions] Re: Windows timekeeping - sudden degradation - why?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid
Sun Dec 4 18:59:57 UTC 2005

Eugen COCA wrote:
> David, is there possible to reveal the "server" section of the Odin ?
> It isn't clear for me the references for the graphs shown there (the
> graph plots the difference between your server, say Odin, and what
> server) ?

Sorry for any confusion.  There is no "server section" to Odin, it is
simply a PC which is an NTP client to a couple of Internet NTP servers,
and a couple of local (LAN-side) NTP servers (Bacchus and Hermes).

The graphs show the output of the command:

ntpq -c rv  <host>

parsed by a Perl script which picks up the 21st comma-separated value -
the offset=<value> pair.

This is documented here:

  http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/ntp/NTPandMRTG.txt

David