[ntp:questions] Re: Windows timekeeping - sudden degradation- why?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid
Mon Dec 5 19:11:31 UTC 2005

Eugen COCA wrote:
> For the graphs page, with no link to your question: as the images are
> cached by the browser and/or the proxy server you may add in the html
> page header:

> to avoid this behaviour.
>
> I am looking at your graphs with highest interest and it's sometimes
> difficult to press reload on every image (the browser reload function
> produces no visible effect).
>
> P.S. I'm not giving lessons, it's just an opinion.

Eugen,

Thanks for that.  Yes, the pages generated by MRTG have just the no-cache
meta-data, so I've added it to my NTP and Network summary pages as well.

I still don't know what happened on Friday!

On Odin I can see the effect of changing to the newer NTP version, there
seems to be more short-term jitter and perhaps less long-term drift.  We
will see overnight.  I upgraded Stamsund's NTP as well.

Cheers,
David