[ntp:questions] Re: Using NTP with Trimble Acutime Synchronization Kit

John Kennedy john.kennedyjr1 at us.army.mil
Tue Dec 6 12:25:04 UTC 2005

When you say that the Palisade code is already compiled on windows, do
you mean it is part of the OS? Or is it just a part of the NTP4.x
software? If it is already a part of Windows XP, I did not see any way
to set up the service through windows. I check the add/remove windows
components, and other control panel items but didn't see anything
relating to the NTP service. Also, if it is configured this way, how do
you specify that you are not looking to an ethernet port for timing.
Most of the apps I have tried to use to do this, always want to look to
the LAN for timing. I even tried NTP exe. from www.five-ten-sg.com and
still was unable to make it work. It did synchronize itself to my
system time, however, it did not synchronize to the GPS device. I also
used the ntpd.conf from the refclock 29 and changed the dev to COM1.
Thanks for the info above, I am going to continue to investigate the
Palisade that is already compiled on windows....if I can find it...
Thanks alot for all of your comments and suggestions.

John Kennedy