[ntp:questions] Re: Windows timekeeping - sudden degradation- why?

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com
Tue Dec 6 18:14:57 UTC 2005

Eugen COCA wrote:

> The version you mentioned - 4.2.0b 1431.
>
> On another system, with win2k prof sp4 it worked ok. I have Zonealarm
> and Bitdefender on my computer - if these interfere in a way with ntpd.
> The 4.2.0a version from Meinberg it's working very well.

Hmmm.

Can you load Ethereal and use it to track the network traffic after restart?

Having a network trace from such a situation would be very useful when
trying to determine what might have broken between those two versions.

Feel free to send me private email if you want a more thorough
walkthrough of how you can use Ethereal to diagnose various networking
problems!

Terje
--
- <Terje.Mathisen at hda.hydro.com>