[ntp:questions] Re: Using NTP with Trimble Acutime Synchronization Kit

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Wed Dec 7 05:16:56 UTC 2005

Bjorn Gabrielsson wrote:
> Danny Mayer <mayer at gis.net> writes:
>

>>Bjorn Gabrielsson wrote:

>>>Good idea! Doubt RIPE runs it on Windows though...
>>>

>>RipeNCC is not currently built for Windows. It's not even compiled. How
>>is it different from Driver 29, Palisade?
>>

> As Hans Jörgen said, it uses the PPS-pulse instead of the Event Marker
> input, and thus can use a single lan cable for getting the cable from
> roof-antenna/receiver to your computer basement room. I looked into
> using it some time ago, but stayed with the palisade. Have not used
> the RIPE driver myself.
>
> The OP, wants to connect many computers to the same Acutime
> receiver. I would be very surprised if that works out of the box with
> the current palisade driver.
>
> What refclock drivers are currently "supported" on Windows?
>
> --
>
>     Björn

Here's the list (from config.h). This is what gets compiled into the
source. Whether they work or are supported by someone is a totally
different question.

Danny

# define CLOCK_LOCAL		/* from ntpd.mak */
# define CLOCK_HOPF_SERIAL	/* device 38, hopf DCF77/GPS serial line
receiver  */
# define CLOCK_HOPF_PCI		/* device 39, hopf DCF77/GPS PCI-Bus receiver  */
# define CLOCK_NMEA
# define CLOCK_PALISADE		/* from ntpd.mak */
# define CLOCK_DUMBCLOCK
# define CLOCK_TRIMBLEDC
# define CLOCK_TRIMTSIP 1
# define CLOCK_JUPITER