[ntp:questions] Re: Windows timekeeping - sudden degradation- why?

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Wed Dec 7 11:34:26 UTC 2005

Terje,

Terje Mathisen wrote:
[...]
> Here's the latest version that I've personally checked out, and run on
> many of my own computers:
>
> http://www.norloff.org/ntp/dev/ntp-dev-4.2.0b-20051105-nt.zip

There's currently a problem in all ntpd versions for Windows from
ntp-dev-4.2.0a-20050726.tar.gz and newer which may let the service hang or
crash earlier or later on some systems. There's also been another thread
recently where a current version of ntpd crashed immediately on a server
2003.

This is the reason why I've removed the latest GUI installer from our
download page a few days ago and made an earlier version (1370) available
again.

Danny is already working to fix this and as soon as we've verified the fixed
version we'll make the updated GUI installer available.

However, as mentioned in my other post here, I'm expecting this has nothing
to do with David's problems.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki