[ntp:questions] Re: Windows timekeeping - sudden degradation- why?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid
Tue Dec 13 07:39:53 UTC 2005

Danny Mayer wrote:
> David J Taylor wrote:
>>
>> At the moment, the path for NTP is shown as:
>>
>>   C:\WINDOWS\System32\ntpd.exe
>>
>> whereas if I wish to include the new -M parameter, I would need to
>> alter the path to:
>>
>>   C:\WINDOWS\System32\ntpd.exe  -M
>>
>> A simple "yes" is I hope all the answer I need!
>
> Yes.
>
> Danny

Thanks, Danny.  I'm now testing Martin's version.

One thing I did note is that the existing ntpd software doesn't work if
that parameter is present, but when it closes it doesn't leave a message
in the event log saying why it has failed to initialise.  It would be help
to have a message like "Unrecognised parameter found on command-line" or
something like that.

David