[ntp:questions] Re: Question on loopstats and PPS

Hal Murray hmurray at suespammers.org
Thu Dec 15 10:14:42 UTC 2005

>I am tryng to evaluate how good is my NTP server. It runs freeBSD and
>uses a rubidium PPS signal to discipline the frequency (no time
>correction).

How are you connecting it up and/or what's in your conf file?
Which refclock are you using?

I didn't know NTP could do what I think you are describing.

The PPS driver (refclock_atom) expects the PPS signal to
arrive on the second boundary.  It needs some other source
of time (a server marked prefer) to know which second the
PPS signal matchs.