[ntp:questions] Re: Question on loopstats and PPS

Mauro Fiacco Mauro.Fiacco at ipaccess.com
Thu Dec 15 11:00:18 UTC 2005

Hal,

The PPS signal is derived from an _unsynchronised_ rubidium source. It
provides a 1sec pulse signal which is interfaced to the serial port of
the server (/dev/cuaa0 on freeBSD) (no time infos are available)

I do not use refclocks, I let the kernel to discipline the oscillator
(The only thing on the conf file is "enable pps")

I have also slightly modified the ntp_loopfilter.c file such that the
PLL is not used, only the FLL correction (I modified the status passed
to the kernel).

One could use the  127.127.22.0 as preferred clock (not much choise
anyway!)

The system works well; however, it is difficult to quantify how good it
is. The frequency error on loopstats refers to the PC oscillator.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Mauro

--