[ntp:questions] Re: reasonable price for gps time source (Garmin GPS 17-HVS?)

Koos van den Hout koos at cs.uu.nl
Fri Dec 16 08:59:43 UTC 2005

Chris Richmond - MD6-FDC ~ <crichmon at filc8046.fm.intel.com> wrote:
> Thanks everryone.  Sounds like a good option.  Now I have
> to figure out why this is so important to me.  Seems rather
> silly to worry about sub-ms accuracy at the house, just for fun.
> That's it!  Its just for fun!  Now I have an excuse...

- It's a fun project! oh, you had that bit already.

- If your home IP is fixed, you could consider joining pool.ntp.org

- All your computers at home will be very correct, even when the internet
  link is down!

- Your significant other will think you're nuts.

- You'll get annoyed at watches, vcrs, clocks and other stuff that doesn't
  use ntp. yet.

Welcome to the slippery slope of timegeekness ;)

                                                Koos

--
Koos van den Hout koos at cs.uu.nl PGP keyid 0x27513781 (Use PGP!)
Phone +31-30-2534104    Fax +31-30-2513791            http://idefix.net/~koos/