[ntp:questions] Re: Crypto iffpar

Serge Bets serge.bets at NOSPAM.laposte.invalid
Fri Dec 16 18:36:58 UTC 2005

 On Saturday, December 10, 2005 at 1:44:39 +0000, Steve Kostecke wrote:

>> You have a ntpkey_iff_stasis
> No. I really don't

Trace of loading ntpkey_iff_stasis at startup is visible in the 3rd line
of your original cryptostats. It points to own IFF parameters of Statis.
This 3rd line was:

You claim to not have seen it, and repost another cryptostats for
review. But this important line lacks in repost... One more thing to
oportunely disapear from this discussion.

> You may be confused by the fact the one of my sets of results was
> generated while stasis was configured to serve authenticated time to a
> third host.

The problem I raised does not apply at all in "autokey both client and
server" case. Everything works, both for you and me. This is not the
case of ConfiguringAutokey on "strict client" side.

> 53714 4726.055 ntpkey_RSA-MD5cert_stasis.3342803910 0x2 len 333

What means this 0x2 at certificate loading? I get only 0x0 on client,
and 0x1 (meaning trusted cert) on server cryptostats.

Serge.