[ntp:questions] Re: Windows timekeeping - sudden degradation - why?

John Allen allen{at}vo{dot}lu at ntp.isc.org
Sat Dec 17 17:07:17 UTC 2005

David J Taylor wrote:
> John Allen wrote:
>> David J Taylor wrote:
>>
>>> I would also appreciate seeing this type of information in the
>>> Support Twiki (as well as searchable by Google).
>> I added this:
>> http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Support/KnownHardwareIssues#Section_9.1.7.

> I tried to edit the information on operating systems to include the
> discover about Windows and the MM timer, but I didn't see a simple way to
> add an entry.  It seemed that I had to edit the whole section.  All I got
> was an Edit link, which produced a whole dialog box of gobbledegook!
> Clicking on either the Cancel or Undo links produced a JavaScript "Error
> on page" message, so adding that information will have to wait until a
> Wiki expert is available.  <G>

Editing the Twiki is a bit strange the first time but I just inserted a new
section by copying the heading from the previous sub-section and changing the
name, then I pasted in the text from my emails and used a few basic formatting
instructions from here
https://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/TWiki/TWikiShorthand

However, I was also blocked by the Javascript "Error on page" every time I tried
to do work in Internet Explorer. I switched to Firefox and it worked fine. I
don't know if this is a Twiki bug or an IE settings problem. Even if you don't
already have Firefox it's a quick and painless installation to solve this problem.

I'd never touched a Wiki before but the technology is interesting, this  was for
me an excuse to look into it.

John

--

John Allen