[ntp:questions] Re: refid on client differs from refid on local server

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sat Dec 17 17:48:06 UTC 2005

Danny,

The ntpq already does display one of the "other" types, in particular if
a reference clock or kiss code is involved. This was a recent change to
avoid the misleading IP address for reference clocks operated at an
elevated stratum. Note that in orphan mode the refid displayed is the
loopback address, but this is entirely legit.

Dave