[ntp:questions] Re: NTP Pool rules vs. four-server advice

Bjorn Gabrielsson bg at lysator.liu.se
Mon Dec 19 22:02:00 UTC 2005

"Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilbert88 at comcast.net> writes:

> The pool servers, mostly not backed by the government or wealthy
> companies or institutions of higher education, are even more fragile.
> They generally have network connections of rather modest capacities.
> I suspect that they frequently run, not on the latest and greatest
> hardware, but on the hardware  nobody else wanted!

There are also pool servers sitting on 1Gbps (maybe even 10Gb) network
connections and getting time from a H-maser.

In the little corner of Internet where I live, 50% or more of the pool
servers have 1Gbps Internet connections, though some servers might be
"limited" by 100Mbps network cards.

--

     Björn