[ntp:questions] Can NTPv4 be fully fuctional without the Public Key Cryptography

Arul Kumar C arulkumar.c at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 14:55:48 UTC 2005

Hi All,

Can NTPv4 code, be run without Public Key Cryptography.  I am trying to
understand the NTPv4 implementation.  I went through the Draft and the
presentations listed in the site.  I could get that both Symmetric key
and Public key are supported.  And also from the code (ntp-4.2.0), all
the public key crypto is placed within OPENSSL pre-processor macro.

Inspite of all these, I could not strongly conclude that they are
optional.  Just willing to make sure from you experts, whether NTPv4
can fully functional without  Public Key Cryptography.

Please enlighten me.  Please let me know if I am missing any info.

Regards,
Arul Kumar C