[ntp:questions] Re: New NTP version for Windows with GUI setup available

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid
Thu Dec 22 15:52:01 UTC 2005

Martin Burnicki wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to announce that there is a new NTP version for Windows with
> GUI setup available at the Meinberg download page:
> http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm#ntp_nt
>
> In this version a stability problem of earlier versions has been
> fixed. Additionally this version contains some new features:
[]
> Merry christmas and best regards,
>
> Martin

Many thanks for making this update available, Martin.  I now have it
installed and running on a Windows 2000 PC (Stamsund) and Windows XP Pro
PC (Odin), with the -M parameter (couldn't that be in the config file
instead?), and the results will be updated from time to time here:

  http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/mrtg/daily_ntp.html

As I didn't originally install from the Meinberg GUI installer, I wanted
the file content alone, so I actually installed onto a third test PC, and
then extracted the revised contents of the \Program Files\NTP\ directory.
Possibly it would help others if a Zip file with the .exe and .dll files
were also available.

A Merry Christmas to you as well!

David