[ntp:questions] Re: Leap bits, when to set?

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Dec 23 01:42:34 UTC 2005

Tapio,

The kernel modifications were after rfc-1305 on NTPv3 was published. I
described what the current ntpd does. The issue is not "processing"them,
but passing them along to dependent clients, who may have an poll
interval of over a day. Presumably, the current rewrite for NTPv4 will
make these points wickedly clear.

Dave