[ntp:questions] NTP install stops mouse pointer freezing

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Fri Dec 23 20:10:51 UTC 2005

I know this maybe or maybe not NTP related, but would be interested in any
comments. I used to have bad time slips over a short period on one of my
Linux machines. Periodically, when mainly using Kmail, the mouse pointer
would freeze up, needing a keyboard logout, and sometimes a keyboard shutdown
if the pointer didn't free up on the logout. This used to happen perhaps
every 3 or 4 days. Since installing NTP 4 or 5 weeks ago, these problems
appear to be resolved. Has anyone any idea whether this could have been
caused by a severe time slip while using an email client?  Nigel.

OS's:  FC1, and FC2
Mouse: A4Tech, Scrolltrack 4D