[ntp:questions] Re: OpenNTP on PCBSD

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Tue Dec 27 01:33:54 UTC 2005

Bjorn Gabrielsson wrote:
> No troll here... but maybe a semi arctic bear, who has eaten way to
> much xmas food.. :-)

So we won't ask about the xmas drink? :-)

>>I, for one, really have no idea what you are talking about.
>

> Reread the thread where you told Brad to chill down. (Message-ID:
> <ywn9fyqsdqdu.fsf at ntp1.isc.org>)  I do not think thats a good way to
> encourage vendors to support (the reference implementation) their
> shipped ntpd in this forum.
>
> --
>
>     Björn

We are way off topic here.

We don't want to discourage anyone from discussing any specific
implementation here. We do want to encourage people who have specific
questions about a specific implementation to check those places that are
most likely to give them the answers that they need since they are not
likely to get good answers here if it's not the reference implementation
that they are asking about. As I said before it's a practical matter.
Going to a place where you are most likely to get a helpful answer is
better than not getting an answer at all.

Danny