[ntp:questions] Re: Crypto iffpar

Serge Bets serge.bets at NOSPAM.laposte.invalid
Tue Dec 27 08:55:05 UTC 2005

Hello Danny,

 On Saturday, December 24, 2005 at 4:20:11 +0000, Danny Mayer wrote:

> Steve Kostecke wrote:
>> Perhaps a client symlink is necessary on Windows.
> Symlinks are hard to implement on Windows. Shortcuts are not really
> the same thing and you can be surprised by shortcut files, yes files.
> Windows provides no tools for creating a symlink. On Windows you are
> better or just giving the file the name you need.

Yes, thanks: I use a file on Windows. In this thread context, Steve and
me have agreed to use the "client symlink" expression for:

A symlink or file called ntpkey_iff_Client, or called whatever and
declared as "crypto iffpar whatever", and pointing to or containing an
IFF group full or -e key of any group.

Serge.