[ntp:questions] Re: Crypto iffpar

Serge Bets serge.bets at NOSPAM.laposte.invalid
Tue Dec 27 09:01:30 UTC 2005

Hello David,

 On Sunday, December 25, 2005 at 0:52:29 +0000, David L. Mills wrote:

> Serge Bets wrote:
>> the commands "crypto iff|gq|mv" don't exist, they are also doc typos,
>> in authopt.html this time. In doc versions live from the web.
> I beg to differ. The recent crypto ident command is in ntp-dev and the
> related online documented.

"crypto ident iff|gq|mv" exist, and are (insuficiently) documented.
"crypto iff|gq|mv" don't exist, but are documented in authopt.html.

> The reason this was done is to allow a host to belong to one group and
> scheme and have its clients belong to a different group and scheme.

How can a ntp-dev Host serve GQ, and be an IFF client of a 800e3 Server?

Having ntpkey_gq_Host, ntpkey_iff_Server, and "crypto ident iff" does
indeed serve GQ, but tries to use GQ with its upstream. The daemon
doesn't find ntpkey_gq_Server, falldowns reading ntpkey_gq_Host, and
fails on "crypto_gq: invalid filestamp 3340702253".

Serge.