[ntp:questions] Re: New NTP version for Windows with GUI setup available

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Tue Dec 27 21:17:01 UTC 2005

Hello Serge,

Serge Bets wrote:
> Hello Martin,
>
>  On Thursday, December 22, 2005 at 15:46:35 +0100, Martin Burnicki wrote:
>
>> I'd like to announce that there is a new NTP version for Windows with
>> GUI setup available at the Meinberg download page:
>> http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm#ntp_nt
>
> Much thanks to you Martin, Heiko, and Danny. This version
> ntp-4.2.0b at 1.1436mbg-xmas-o-win32-setup.exe works very well. The random
> service hangs in some circumstances as autokey+sysstats seem to be gone.

Fine.

>> The Windows system clock is slewed quickly (in a 2 second period) to
>> account for the leap second.
>
> Could super-fast slewing also work on other platforms without leap
> insertion support?

No, not using this code. Since Dave Mills has refused to add such code into
the general loop code base, I've implemented this in a Windows specific
piece of code, and indeed the functions used are Windows specific.

> I still have a problem: When the Windows NTP service on 192.168.7.12
> is configured as an Autokey server with a trusted certificate, and a
> Linux ntp-dev-20051208 client 192.168.7.10 tries to open an unicast
> client mode association. The Autokey Foxtrot begins, but will be
> perturbated by many event log messages like this:

Like Danny I haven't set up the Windows port as server with autokey. We'll
have to see if we we can duplicate this behaviour.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren