[ntp:questions] Re: First Galileo satellite launched

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com
Thu Dec 29 06:51:19 UTC 2005

David L. Mills wrote:
> GLONASS and P-code capabilities are available for some high-end geodetic
> receivers. Neither one of us can afford to buy them. By the way, GLONASS
>  uses a different geodetic than GSS WG84. Their web site says a
> parameter conversion is not available. I assume Galileo will use WG84. I
> see GLONASS uses FDMA, while GPS and presumably Galileo uses CDMA. I
> assume that would make multichannel receivers for GLONASS hugely expensive.

Yes.

Check Ashtech. (Currently owned by Thales Navigation):

	http://products.thalesnavigation.com/en/

Used on all Royal Carribean cruise ships, some of them were installed by
a friend of mine.

The (electronic) maps they use are still 10+ m wrong in some harbours
though!

Terje
--
- <Terje.Mathisen at hda.hydro.com>