[ntp:questions] Re: New NTP version for Windows with GUI setup available

Serge Bets serge.bets at NOSPAM.laposte.invalid
Wed Dec 28 07:09:30 UTC 2005

 On Tuesday, December 27, 2005 at 22:17:01 +0100, Martin Burnicki wrote:

> We'll have to see if we we can duplicate this behaviour.

I forgot to add that this dance lock is random, but a pretty constant
sort of randomness. I mean that in given circumstances, I could retry 10
times restarting the client with the same failure. But another day, with
a setup not exatly the same (perhaps recreated new certs, or ntp.conf
including other sources), the dance would perhaps lock in another step,
or succeed after some loads of event log "no error/overlapping IO".

Now client version seem to influence that randomness. I just tried 3
times exact same setup as reported, but with 20051225 Linux client:
Success without a single event log error. Without restarting server, I
tried starting a 20051014 Linux client: Failure. Retried 20051225:
Success.

Serge.