[ntp:questions] Re: synch two PCs

John Allen allen{at}vo{dot}lu at ntp.isc.org
Fri Dec 30 09:35:58 UTC 2005

jay wrote:
> Can I use a normal(?) Lan cable to connect two PCs?

All your other questions have been answered but not this one...

Either you need a "cross-over" network cable linking the two PCs directly, or 2 
normal network cables plugged into a "lan switch" or "hub".
The cross-over cable can easily be bought at a computer store, or you can make 
your own (for example, see http://www.makeitsimple.com/how-to/dyi_crossover.htm).

You'll need to set up the networking in Windows XP.



John Allen
Bofferdange, Luxembourg

More information about the questions mailing list