[ntp:questions] Re: Crypto iffpar

Serge Bets serge.bets at NOSPAM.laposte.invalid
Fri Dec 30 11:23:10 UTC 2005

Hello Danny,

 On Tuesday, December 27, 2005 at 14:02:22 +0000, Danny Mayer wrote:

> Steve Kostecke wrote:
>> I do not disbelieve your claim that _you_ need to use a client
>> sym-link (or whatever the equivalent is on your OS) to activate
>> Identity Schemes.
> I disbelieve this claim as it is not OS specific (modulo Windows).

I don't understand what you mean: My claim is indeed not OS specific.
Initially I reported it on Win client, because the problem happened me
there. I never said it was Win specific, but of course it had to be
investigated. Later checks seem to indicate a general and recent
problem. Only Steve accused Windows, without serious justification.

> Serge's setup has a problem when is causing him to work around this by
> using a client sym-link.

Do you have any suggestion about why IFF would succeed with a client
symlink, and TC would succeed without? Outside of the 20051002 change?

> Those pages [ConfiguringAutokey] are correct. We are running these
> schemes all over UDel as well as a number of other places.

With both latest ntp-dev and strict client setup?

Serge.