[ntp:questions] Re: synch two PCs

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.isc.org
Fri Dec 30 12:18:05 UTC 2005

On 2005-12-30, jayp.ml at gmail.com <jayp.ml at gmail.com> wrote:

> jay wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if HTP works even if I do not have an internet
>> connection. Does it?
>
> No, HTP uses HTTP response header as time source, so it requires
> internet connection.

An internet connection is not necessary if you are running a web-server
on one of the machines in your isolated network.

>> I've downloaded ntp 4.2.0 from www.ntp.org and extraced all the
>> files. INSTALL file includes a way to compile this package but it is
>> not clear enough for me. I just typed what the file says in 'Command
>> prompt', which does not work...
>
> that compilation instruction is for *nix.. you can get precompiled
> binary with installer from http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm

Links to ports of NTP for other Operating Systems are available at
http://ntp.isc.org/links (which is you end up if you follow the
'Downloads' link at www.ntp.org).

The NTP SoftwareDownloads page (http://ntp.isc.org/download) contains a
section about 'Precompiled packages and ports to other operating
systems' which points to the links page.