[ntp:questions] timepps.h + configure error

Armen Babikyan armenb at ll.mit.edu
Thu Dec 29 23:57:24 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've encountered the following error, and as per self-enclosed
instructions, I'm posting it here.

checking sys/timepps.h usability... no
checking sys/timepps.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: sys/timepps.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: sys/timepps.h:     check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: sys/timepps.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: sys/timepps.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: sys/timepps.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: sys/timepps.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to the ntp lists.  ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------ ##
checking for sys/timepps.h... yes

Whether using timepps.h from Ulrich Windl's PPSkit or the
netlink-enabled timepps.h from Rodolfo Giometti's LinuxPPS, I get the
same error.  I'd rather get a fix for the latter, as the former is
causing me kernel panics at the moment.

Incidently, lists.ntp.isc.org is missing several months from the
questions mailing list.  Will these be reappearing anytime?

Thanks,

  - Armen

--
Armen Babikyan