[ntp:questions] Re: synch two PCs

jay jhlamb at hanmail.net
Sat Dec 31 06:22:25 UTC 2005

Help me again!!

1. I did installed NTP on all computers!

2. In ntp.conf file of Computer 1 , I added this lines

server  127.127.1.0
fudge   127.127.1.0  stratum 10

3. In ntp.conf file of Computer 2, I addes this lines

server  192.168.xxx.xxx      iburst   minpoll 4  maxpoll 7

Is this correct? Should I replace xxx with numbers? How do I know that?
I also tried with
server isolated.network.server iburst
However, I'm not sure this works.
I found that the commend 'ntpq -p' shows if ntp works properly but the
window disappear so fast I cannot read anything. :(
Is there any way that I can see(monitor) the performance ? ( I tried
some but it looks its not working...)

Thank you!