[ntp:questions] Re: dcf77 receiver makes ntp unstable? (drift and offset get jumpy)

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at uk.me.buzzard
Mon Feb 7 19:46:11 UTC 2005

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 11:23:18 +0100, Folkert van Heusden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I switch on my DCF77 receiver, my ntp-server suddenly gets very unstable:
> http://keetweej.vanheusden.com/ntp_graph.png
> (the blue line indicates start of DCF77 receiver).
> Running ntpq 4.2.0a at 1.1190-r on a P-III (1GHz) with Linux (2.6.9).

Can I suggest making a serial patch lead so that instead of the DCF signal
being delivered to the RxD line of the serial port it is sent to DCD, CTS
or DSR and you run my radioclk software instead. It sets DTR and RTS to
power the device on, though you might need to hack the source a bit.

JAB.

Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44 1661-832195