[ntp:questions] Re: ACTS - too many recvbufs allocated (40) (Correct the Version of ntp-dev)

Casper H.S. Dik Casper.Dik at Sun.COM
Fri Feb 11 18:58:39 UTC 2005

Ronan Flood <ronan at noc.ulcc.ac.uk> writes:

>Following myself up:

>I wrote:

>> cipo <cseplo_l at netlock.net> wrote:
>>
>> > For my slackware linux system the error is: errno=4, Interrupted system
>> > call.
>>
>> Does read() set errno when it returns 0?  The Solaris manpage says

>A test shows that errno is 4 even when read() returns some data.

You're not allowed to test errno when a system call does not
indicate an error return; errno will never be reset to 0 and almost
always has a non-zero value.

Casper
--
Expressed in this posting are my opinions.  They are in no way related
be fiction rather than truth.