[ntp:questions] Re: Ntp-4.1.2: tinker step 0;always slew andkernel time discipline

Nikolaev, Sergey snikolaev at ebs.com
Fri Feb 18 19:41:35 UTC 2005

Have you considered:
1.  Getting a better network connection to reduce or eliminate
asymmetric delays, or

Yes, this is being done.

2.  Getting a hardware reference clock; e.g. a GPS timing receiver?

We are using GPS. But we can not conect a GPS to every server. There
will always be a network between GPS and a server.

Regards,
Sergey

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. This e-mail is intended only for the stated addressee.  If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in this e-mail. if you have received this e-mail in error, please inform us immediately and delete it and all copies from your system.

EBS Dealing Resources International Limited. Registered address: 10 Paternoster Square, London EC4M 7DY, United Kingdom. Registered number 2669861.

EBS Dealing Resources, Inc, registered in Delaware. Address: 535 Madison Avenue, 24th Floor, New York, NY 10022, USA, and One upper Pond road, Building F - Floor 3, Parsippany, NJ 07054, USA.

EBS Dealing Resources Japan Limited, a Japanese Corporation. Address: Asteer Kayabacho Bldg, 6th Floor, 1-6-1, Shinkawa, Chuo-Ku,  Tokyo 104-0033, Japan.