[ntp:questions] Re: ntp4 new functionality testing

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Feb 25 21:28:01 UTC 2005

Sajitha,

I don't have formal test scripts, only configuration files. I munge an
existing configuration file to test something, verify it works and move
on. At various times I leave machines here running extended tests with
Autokey and Manycast. I can't do that now, as the I/O and broadcast
facilities are broken at the moment. Another thing is the scripts have
to be configured for specific hosts as servers and clients. A third
thing is that some of these tests, like recovering from an intentionally
broken frequency file, takes a day or more.

When the I/O and broadcast facilities are working, I will run up a few
tests and leave the configuration files in a handy place.

Dave