[ntp:questions] Trapping Linux clock reset event

James Kimble jkimble at one.net
Tue Jan 4 02:10:30 UTC 2005

I know this may not be the right group for this. Please ignore
me if I'm posting in the wrong place.

Is there any way to have syslog trap calls to reset the system
clock on Linux? I have a problem with a GPS time server that is
causing problems, one of which is the system clock gets set to a
very early date (1980). I want to be able to detect this change
to confirm it's impact on some other systems.

If not via syslog does anyone know of ANY way to trap a system
time reset event and log it?
Any help would be much appreciated.

James Kimble