[ntp:questions] Modifying the XP Registry for Authoritative Time Service--Doesn't Look Right

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 11 00:29:58 UTC 2005

Win XP Pro.
This <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314054> shows steps to
modify the registry to use NTP as an external source. Step 3 asks that
SpecialPolInterval be changed to TimeInSeconds. The current value is binary. I have a
limited knowledge of the use of regedit, but this looks wrong.

BTW, before attempting to modify the registry I exported it. I made a mistake early,
and decided to import the file. It looks like it did this successfully, but gave me a
message at the end that said something like it could not restore all values because
they were in use. Close to that wording. What's that about. I had no windows open.

                         Web Page: <home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews>