[ntp:questions] Modifying the XP Registry for Authoritative Time Service--Doesn't Look Right

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Jan 11 00:41:20 UTC 2005

At 12:29 AM +0000 2005-01-11, Wayne Watson wrote:

>  BTW, before attempting to modify the registry I exported it. I made a
>  mistake early, and decided to import the file. It looks like it did
>  this successfully, but gave me a message at the end that said something
>  like it could not restore all values because they were in use. Close to
>  that wording. What's that about. I had no windows open.

	Questions regarding the Windows XP registry should be asked on a
mailing list or newsgroup that is appropriate to that OS -- perhaps
something underneath comp.os.ms-windows or something.

	We might be able to answer NTP questions for you, at least for
the non-Microsoft provided code, but outside of that, you need to
look to information sources that are going to be more specific to
your OS.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755