[ntp:questions] Re: NTPv4 proposed specification available in any format?

Fri Jan 14 09:58:35 UTC 2005

"David L. Mills" <mills at udel.edu> writes:

> bobrbradley,
>
> The SNTPv4 specification was submitted to the RFC editor in Postel ASCII
> format, but has been caught in the general logjam at the editor's desk for
> over a year. The NTP security document is available only in PDF and not in
> Postel ASCII format and, as it has many equations and unASCIIable content, I
> do not plan to produce an ASCII ripoff.

It's a bit off-topic, but recently I have converted about 3000 ASCII RFCs to
PDF, notably in a much better way than 1993's Infomagic "Standards" CD (which
I won, but it's quite outdated by now, and it's quite scratched from heavy
use). Then I've build an Acrobat search index overthose documents. Now I can
find most things I'd like to know in a few seconds.

Just in case anybody is interesten, e-mail me.

Regards,
Ulrich