[ntp:questions] Re: Specifying command line parameters for ntpd running as a w2k service?

mayer at gis.net mayer at gis.net
Sun Jan 16 00:57:32 UTC 2005

Maarten Wiltink wrote:
> "John A. Milburn" <JohnAMilburn at hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:GheGd.8667$OF5.7202 at attbi_s52...
> > "Tapio Sokura" <oh2kku at iki.fi> wrote in message
> > news:ALHFd.3783$tO5.431 at reader1.news.jippii.net...
>
> >> [...] how do I define command line parameters to
> >> ntpd running as a Windows service?
>
> > Open the Services applet.
> > Stop the service.
> > At the bottom of the dialog box is a place to put startup
parameters
> > (command line).
>
> Yup. And like a thousand people before you, you're going to find that
> the service ignores them.

Actually Maarten, this will work since you are not going through
the standard service startup. The BIND 8 BINDDlg (is that the right
name? I forget) works this way as you can pass parameters this
way. It uses the StartService() function, IIRC. It can't be used
to start the service and pass the arguments automatically
unfortunately.

Danny