[ntp:questions] Re: Influence or reset client's poll intervall?

Daniel Kabs daniel.kabs at gmx.de
Wed Jan 19 13:37:40 UTC 2005

Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
> NTP adjusts the current poll interval to fit the current situation.
> What problem are you trying to solve?

*cough* I manually changed the time on my system while ntp was running. The
poll intervall at that time was 1024 s. So I thought, reducing it during
runtime would "speed up" the NTP recalibration. In the end, NTP managed the
situation without my intervention. It just took ntp a bit longer.

Cheers
Daniel Kabs
Germany
--
C++ FAQ Lite, section 23.6:
Q: What's the meaning of, Warning: Derived::f(float) hides Base::f(int)?