[ntp:questions] Re: Specifying command line parameters for ntpd running as a w2k service?

mayer at gis.net mayer at gis.net
Wed Jan 19 18:29:50 UTC 2005

John A. Milburn wrote:

> > My mistake. So this is only useful for starting a service from an
> > interactive session? And it's setting parameters in the Parameters
> > subkey that doesn't work? Does anybody have any idea at all _why_
> > it doesn't work?
> >
> > Groetjes,
> > Maarten Wiltink
> >

> Just a guess, but the service should probably read the parameters
key. If
> the program was not written to be run as a service, then you do have
to use
> srvany or something like it.

No, there is no specific key you can set for a service to automatically
read and pass. The basic design of services assumes a Windows-centric
view where all keys can be read directly out of the registry and it
doesn't need to pass any command line options. Getting around this
problem is a chore.

Danny