[ntp:questions] Leap seconds

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Jan 19 20:28:56 UTC 2005

At 6:18 PM -0200 2005-01-19, Alain wrote:

>  Sorry, I believe that my question was not clear: In which way will it
>  be handled? Skeweing or leaping?

	I'd have to check the source code, but I believe that the leap
second is probably passed through to the underlying OS, which should
be able to handle it.  In other words, nothing special is done other
than identifying that a leap second will occur on the appropriate
minute of the appropriate day of the appropriate month.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755