[ntp:questions] Re: Specifying command line parameters for ntpd running as a w2k service?

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Mon Jan 24 16:29:11 UTC 2005

Terje Mathisen wrote:
> mayer at gis.net wrote:
>> That didn't come out very well so let me rewrite it.
>>
>> You already know whether or not it is being run interactively
>> or as a service since it comes in at NTmain in ntservice.c
>> if it is interactive and through main in ntpd.c if running
>> as a service. You can therefore set flags and values
>> appropriately to do the right thing.
>
> OK, In that case it would seem like a common (ntpdmain() ?) function
> should be called from either main or ntservice, with either the command
> line or the registry line passed as the parameters to use?

This is already the way it works. I also agree with Danny that command line
parameters should be used in interactive mode, and the command line string
from the registry if ntpd is started as a service.

Unfortunately I didn't have the time to care about that during last weekend.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren