[ntp:questions] 'summary.in' and 'plot_summary.in

Nigel Smith nigel.smith at hexadex.com
Mon Jan 24 17:37:59 UTC 2005

I am looking for ways to analyze and graph the statistics generated by
NTP and came across the two perl files 'summary.in' and
'plot_summary.in' in the scripts directory of ntp-4.2.0.tar.gz

Is any one else using these scripts? What is your experience with them?

When I try analyzing my statistics, with 'summary.in', I am getting a
few error lines like this:
Can't take sqrt of -384.314 at /root/summary.pl line 326.
Can't take sqrt of -427.51 at /root/summary.pl line 326.
Can't take sqrt of -1.63582e+08 at /root/summary.pl line 326.

How worried should I be by these errors? What could be causing them?
Has any one got a fix for the code?

Can anyone recommend any other good ways to analyze and graph the
statistics file, both on a daily basis and also more long term
analysis?

Thanks
Nigel Smith