[ntp:questions] HELP: NTP synchronization problem

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Jan 26 14:45:59 UTC 2005

At 6:25 AM -0800 2005-01-26, amitos wrote:

>  I have a windows 2003 server which is a PDC. I thought everything was
>  well configured, but unfortunately - computers of the domain are not
>  synchronized with it (2 minutes diff) and I egt this warning in the
>  event log:

	The Windows time service is known to be horribly broken.  If you
want to replace this with a real implementation of NTP, your clients
should be able to sync to it just fine.

	If you're interested, there is a port of the reference NTP
implementation for Windows NT which you can find from
<http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Main/ExternalTimeRelatedLinks>.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755