[ntp:questions] Re: HELP: NTP synchronization problem

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Wed Jan 26 16:17:08 UTC 2005

amitos wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have a windows 2003 server which is a PDC. I thought everything was
> well configured, but unfortunately - computers of the domain are not
> synchronized with it (2 minutes diff) and I egt this warning in the
> event log:
>
> Product: Windows Operating System
> ID: 36
> Source: W32Time
> Version: 5.2
> Symbolic Name: MSG_TIME_SOURCE_NONE
> Message: The time service has not synchronized the system time for %1
> seconds because none of the time service providers provided a usable
> time stamp. The time service is no longer synchronized and cannot
> provide the time to other clients or update the system clock. Monitor
> the system events displayed in the Event Viewer to make sure that a
> more serious problem does not exist.
> I don't know what to do. Any ideas?

Have you configured a reference time source for the w32time on the PDC?

If yes, is that reference time source reachable and synchronized?

Maybe the w32time service sends illegal request packets to an NTP server
which simply discards those packets and does not respond.
For more information on this topic, please have a look at
http://www.meinberg.de/english/faq/faq_28.htm

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki