[ntp:questions] Re: Unusually accurate PC clock? 3.326 ppm drift? Is this possible?

elickd at one.net elickd at one.net
Fri Jan 28 21:33:10 UTC 2005

Over the past few weeks, I've not seen the drift significant digit
anything other than 3.  This 5500 sits up on a shelf in our ostensibly
"climate controlled" server/network lab in a location that feels to be
out of any large drafts.

Perhaps the heat generated by it's dual processors, 5 10k rpm drives
and 2 power supplies provides reletively stable internal case
temperature?

In any case, I found this particular machine's unusual accuracy worth a
blurb in the group.