[ntp:questions] Re: Speedstream 5100b time synchronization?

eponymousalias at yahoo.com eponymousalias at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 17:22:05 UTC 2005

Just to be clear about this:  while I can see the two NTP addresses
listed in the modem's configuration page, I have no way to know
whether they are synchronizing continuously or whether they just
use a one-time ntpdate-like synchronization after bootup.  I also
don't see any indication in the Technician Readout of the source
port number, and again don't have any way to tap into that side of
the modem to find out.

I *am* surprised that stratum-1 servers were used, though, and
restricted-access ones at that.  I haven't seen any indication that
the telco is providing their own NTP service for their customers,
which is what would have made sense to me.