[ntp:questions] Internal IP Questions

derek.flake at bell.ca derek.flake at bell.ca
Wed Jul 27 14:50:09 UTC 2005

Hello,

I was just wondering about the difference between 127.0.0.1 and
127.127.1.1.

One is the loop back IP and the second one is the IP included in the
default ntp.conf file from the v4.2.0a Meinberg Windows GUI Installer.

Pinging the second IP resolves to the first one, but they aren't the
same.  If I leave the 127.127.1.1 as is, I get a clock_fault error in
event viewer.  What does this mean?

If I switch to 127.0.0.1, the error goes away but another replaces it,
stating that the "fudge 127.0.0.1 stratum 12" line is ignored.

Derek Flake

Video Networks

(613) 785-7099

derek.flake at bell.ca